Monday 9 March 2020

Multi sensory resources for the elderly

Many of my 'makes' are great for the elderly who love tactile creations that can be enjoyed using all the senses. In fact when I first retired I began making resources for adults with dementia and learning difficulties. I sold lots of resources to nursing homes and I still create fidget blankets, sensory bags and baskets and many other creative resources when I come across beautiful, tactile fabrics and embellishments. Here are just a few of my creations.

Sensory stars (also included in my Advent section)
A small fidget cushion

Sensory pillows with different textures, smells and sounds

Treasure basket containing different balls

A fidget apron for a carer

A fidget blanket


A wood sensory basket to touch and talk about
A patchwork
A themed fidget blanket

Butterflies tactile blanket

A taggy bib


An investigation tray 


A Creation patchwork blanket
Wrist or wheelchair ribbon bands that fasten with velcro

Soft fleece taggy blanket

Patchwork sensory/activity blanket

Feely fidget bag

Baby in a basket

Fidget toys
Fidget blanket

                                                             Tactile rainbow lap mat





No comments:

Post a Comment